Miller & Holmes, Inc. began in the Twin Cities in 1896 as a wholesaler of butter, cheese, eggs, fruit and produce. In 1907, the company opened a creamery and added poultry to its product line. The first M&H Gas Station opened in 1931. In 1945, the company discontinued its butter and poultry business to concentrate on selling its M&H brand of gasoline and diesel fuel.
The company currently has locations in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana.