M&H Logo
+ Home  + Contact    
header 1
Home : Contact : Locations : Promotions/Specials : Coupon Offers : Employment : History : Privacy : Website Use
header graphic

Our History and Background

Miller & Holmes, Inc. began in the Twin Cities in 1896 as a wholesaler of butter, cheese, eggs, fruit and produce. In 1907, the company opened a creamery and added poultry to its product line. The first M&H Gas Station opened in 1931. In 1945, the company discontinued its butter and poultry business to concentrate on selling its M&H brand of gasoline and diesel fuel.

The company currently has locations in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Montana.


historic image
The unusual transport shown was used to haul cattle and gasoline between St. Paul, Minnesota and Fargo, North Dakota. The transport hauled gasoline to the M&H Stations in the Fargo area and on the return trip to St. Paul it hauled cattle to the stockyards in South St. Paul.


 

 

footer
M&H Stores